Privacy and Cookie Usage on this Web Site
In general Cookies fall into 4 general types:
- Essential: Those which are needed for the normal running of the web site. Disabling these is not an option as the site will not function without them. An example of this type are ones which handle shopping baskets or remember where the user is on more complex sites.
- Functional: Those which improve the functionality of the site but are not essential. An example of this may be remembering a particular setting such as the language in which the page is to be displayed. This web site does not use any cookies in this category.
- Analytical: Those which benefit the site's owners. An example is the analytical cookies that count and track visitors, see which pages are the most popular and determine what the system capabilities of the user. The former help with determining what is popular and can help a site owner put more effort into the most popular sections of the site, the latter help in determining the best way to present information to the user (for example, is the audience primarily mobile or desktop). Knowing this information allows the site owner to adapt the site to the predominant type of user or, in some cases, to customise the display to the type of device detected. This site also recognises the Do Not Track setting that many browsers have now incorporated.
- Advertising and External Services:
- Those to do with third-party advertisers whose adverts appear on a site. These would not be listed below as the first party site does not have any direct control over them. For sites that use Google adverts you can change your preferences on Google's site here. This web site does not use any third party advertising.
- External services such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. This site has no control over these but links to them will not appear if you select only the essential cookies.
This web site uses the following cookies:
|__poppyid||1||Login and shopping basket account functions.||Until the browser is closed.|
|__ckl||1||Remembers your cookie preferences.||Either until the browser is closed or 1 year if the remember box is ticked.|
|__utmX||3||A suite of cookies used by Google Analytics (from __utma to __utmz).||Some are persistent whilst others have a short lifespan - see here for more information.|
Your cookie preferences have not yet been set.